Dingwall AB1 Afterburner 1 Flame Top Trans Red to Black Burst 5-String Bass
This is a beautiful Afterburner 1 just waiting to be played. The highly figured flame maple top has a custom red to transparent black burst finish. The body is swamp ash and features a black burst finish on the back. The fully blacked out neck has blue luminlay side dots that glow in low light (charged best with UV light) and is capped off with a wenge fingerboard with red pearloid speedo bars. This Dingwall AB1 is equipped with a 3 band Darkglass preamp and 3 toggle switches for a wide variety of tones. Weighing in at only 8.8 pounds this bass is ready for stage, studio, or anywhere you want.
- Bridge Spacing: 18mm / .709"
- Nut Width: 45.5mm / 1.80"
- Heel Width: 75mm / 2.95"
- Neck Thickness @ 1st Fret: 21mm / .827"
- Neck Thickness @ 12th Fret: 24mm / .925"
Fingerboard Radius: Compound
Dingwall Canadian made basses have a more complicated compound radius compared to the Combustion / NG models. This makes for a vintage feeling 7.5" radius at the nut for comfortable play-ability at the lower frets. The compound radius allows for a much flatter radius at the bridge to make play easier in the plucking hand. The flatter radius at the bridge also keeps the strings in a more consistent distance from the pickups for a more even response.
- B-String: 37.0"
- E-String: 36.25"
- A-String: 35.5"
- D-String: 34.75"
- G-String: 34"
- Swamp Ash w/ Flame Maple Top
- Custom Transparent Red to Black Burst
- Fully Blacked Out Neck
- Luminlay Side Dots
- 5-Piece laminated maple neck
- Wenge Fingerboard
- Red Pearloid Speedo Bars
- Neck Carve: Medium Thin C-Shape
- Neck Reinforcement; Heavy Duty Truss-Rod
- Headstock: Flat, counter bored
- Frets: Vintage small size 18% hard nickel silver fretwire
- Passive FDV PIckups
- Master Volume
- 4-Position Rotary Pickup Selector
- Darkglass 3-Band Active Pre-amp
- Series / Parallel Toggle Switches for each pickup (3)
Weight: 8.80 Pounds / 8 Pounds 13 Ounces
Thank you and please let us know if you have any questions at all! We are a full line Dingwall dealer and can arrange the custom build of the Dingwall of your dreams!