G&L ASAT Tom Hamilton Signature Model Made to Order Electric Bass!
Put together the G&L USA Bass of your Dreams with FretNation! We will work with you to select the best options for your needs.
Typical lead-time is 10-14 weeks depending on your specs.
The G&L ASAT Bass puts the punch in the Aerosmith sound! Aerosmith's Tom Hamilton has been playing G&L ASAT Basses for close to twenty years. His first was a Blue Metal Flake ASAT which he purchased in New York City. Since then G&L has built several more ASAT Basses in a variety of finishes for Tom, but there is something about the over-the-top Metal Flake finishes that keeps him coming back for more!
Tom Hamilton loves the tone and the way the ASAT bass cuts through the mix in a live performance setting and the way it tracks in the studio.
The Tom Hamilton ASAT Signature Model features the new "Hamiltone" Magnetic Field Design humbucking pickups mounted in a Western Sugar Pine body for reduced weight. The Quartersawn Maple Neck is finished with an aged-satin-finish to better withstand the rigors of worldwide touring. This model features G&L's stunning metal flake finishes and is available in Blue, Red, or Turquoise with a Silver Metal Flake faux double-binding for even more visual pop on stage. Tom's signature and special caricature is placed discreetly on the rear of the headstock.
Each G&L ASAT Bass is made in Leo Fenders historic G&L facility on Fender Avenue in Fullerton California. Choose from a wide selection of custom option including body and neck woods, body and neck finishes, and neck profiles.
G&L ASAT Tom Hamilton Signature Electric Bass Standard Specifications:
- Body Wood: Western Sugar Pine
- Bridge: Saddle-Lock w/ Chrome-Plated Brass Saddles
- Silver Metal Flake Double Faux Binding
- Neck Profile: G&L Medium C Shape
- Nut Width: 1 1/2"
- Radius: 12"
- Neck Wood: Quartersawn Maple w/ Vintage Tint Satin Finish
- Nut: 100% Natural Bone
- Frets: Medium Jumbo Jescar 57110 18% Nickel Silver
- Tuners: G&L Ultra-Lite w/ Aluminum Tapered String Posts
- Neck Pickup: G&L "Hamiltone" Magnetic Field Design MFD Humbucker
- Bridge Pickups: G&L "Hamiltone" Magnetic Field Design MFD Humbucker
- Controls: Tri-Tone Active w/ 3-Position Pickup Selectric, Series / Parallel Switch, 3-Position Pre-Amp Mode Switch
- Knobs Volume, Treble, Bass
Deluxe Tolex Hardcase Included