Sadowsky Onboard Bass Preamp - 4-Knob System Active w/ VTC
The Sadowsky Onboard Bass Preamp 4-Knob System is a completely prewired system that offers the same controls and same legendary active preamp as all Sadowsky basses. This Sadowsky Onboard Preamp is designed for a simple drop-in installation on most J-Style basses with components mounted on the included metal control plate. On newer active J-style basses with a side jack and a battery compartment there is usually no modifications required. On passive basses, the only required modification is to move the output jack to the side of the instrument to make room for a battery.
The Sadowsky Onboard Bass Preamp 4-Knob System includes Volume, Pan (Balance, VTC (Vintage Tone Control), Treble and Bass. The Treble and Bass control is boost only with a flat response. The VTC Vintage Tone Control is a passive tone control with the maximum setting is flat while turning it down will cut the tone. The preamp can be installed with the included control plate or removed and mounted through rear control cavity in either an inline or diamond pattern. This system is not compatible with active pickups or anything requiring a 250k or 500k volume or balance pot.
Sadowsky Onboard 4-Knob Bass Preamp Specifications:
- Prewired Onboard Bass Preamp for Jazz style basses with a metal control plate or rear mounted controls
- Active preamp for passive pickups
- 4-Knob layout
- Volume / Balance / Vintage Tone Control (P/P) / Treble Bass Stack
- Push Pull function at VTC for Preamp Bypass
- Frequency Response 5Hz - 50kHz
- Bass: +18dB Boost @ 40Hz
- Treble: +18dB Boost @ 4kHz
- Total harmonic distortion (THD) 0.18% at 1kHz
- Power Supply via one 9v Battery
- Current Draw 9mA
- up to 870 hours battery life
- input impedance 1Mohm
- output impedance 1kohm
This is not a solderless / screw-down connector preamp. Some soldering is required for appropriate installation.